Fix Boot Configuration Error Data File is Missing in Windows 10
when you turn on your computer, you’re greeted with error code 0xc0000034, “The Boot Configuration Data file is missing.” Fix Boot Configuration Error Data File is Missing in Windows 10
The good news is that your data isn’t lost, and you can get it all back (we’ll show you how). The bad news is that you’ll have to do a little work to restore that missing file. Here’s how to fix a ‘configuration data file’ boot error in Windows 10
- Insert your installation media into the computer.
- Boot to the media. We had to press F12 during bootup on the Dell we fixed up to reach this menu, though these keys can differ depending on your laptop’s make and model.
3.Click Next on the Windows Setup menu.
- Click “Repair your computer”.
- Choose Troubleshoot.
- Select “Advanced options.”
- Pick “Command Prompt.”
- Type Bootrec /fixmbr and press the enter key.
- Type Bootrec /fixboot and press the enter key.
- Type Bootrec /scanos and press the enter key.
- Type Bootrec /rebuildbcd and press the enter key.
- Type “A” to add the installation to the boot list and hit enter.
- Exit the command prompt with the X button on the top of the window.
- Click “Continue” to go to your desktop.
The Boot Configuration Data file is missing some required information
This error is received when the Boot Configuration or BCD file is missing some required information or has become corrupted. The accompanying error codes mentioned could be 0xc0000034 or 0x0000098.
The error message will usually include the suggestion that you will need to use the recovery tools on your installation media like DVD or USB to repair and recover your Windows installation.
To fix such errors, disconnect all external devices and then insert your installation media or connect your USB to your laptop, restart your computer, boot from the media, and select Repair your computer. You can download and also use Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to burn a bootable DVD or USB.How to fix the most common Windows 10 installation problems
Tags :- Fix Boot Configuration Error Data File is Missing in Windows 10