Mywifiext Setup Troubleshooting
Mywifiext Setup Troubleshooting connections problems of Wireless Range Extender Setup.
Strictly follow these procedures step wise and to connect your Netgear Range Extender Setup :
1. With the help of a paper clip or tooth pick, press the reset button on the back of the extender for 15 – 20 seconds . Release the button after 20 seconds and then automatically extender will reboot and shows you only a power green light.
2. Connect the range extender setup to any computer with the help of Ethernet cable.
Mywifiext Setup Troubleshooting
3. Open a browser on , on the address bar, type https://www.mywifiext.net/ or https://www.mywifiext.com/to start the Smart Wizard installation which helps to setup the range extender step wise.
4. Please select the following options. These procedures may take few minutes and sometimes the connection may go wrong. If it happens so, then refresh the web page in order to continue setup installation wizard.
5. Let the range extender detect the list of WiFi networks available in the surrounding.
6. Select your Home network and type the network key or password in the paraphrase box.
7. Assign a name for the Range Extender and make sure the option properly”Use the same security and pass-phrase as those for the existing network” is checked and then click on continue.
8. Wait for some time for the smart wizard establishes the connection between your range extender and router. On the next screen, check the button “I have connected to the extender network” and then continue. At last click the button to finish the setup installation wizard of your range extender.
9. Now for the same Ethernet connection, start up a browser and check you can go to the internet. You should be online.
10. After that check out the wireless connection for the same SSID that you’d set previously on the setup installation wizard of the Extender. You should be able to access the internet again.
If the extender doesn’t work by the above procedures, then try changing the “Encryption type” of your home router/ modem. You should change it in such a way that the security on the router is lowered, for e.g., if your router has WPA-TKIP, then change it to WPA-AES. Then try the same above procedures again to make your range extender work. If the problem still exists, then keep on trying for other encryption types like WPA, WEP or no security as well making sure that both home router/modem and extender have the same encryption type. Don’t worry if your connection is disturbed or the laptops do not detect SSID of router, this is just the for temporary setup installation. You have to change the encryption type to its original after once the range extender has successfully connected to your router.
If you want to create a connection without an Ethernet Port in your Extender, follow the below steps:
1. Reset your Wi-Fi Extender to the factory default settings. You can simply press the Factory Settings for 7 seconds to reset your extender. Find this button on the side panel of your extender.
2. Connect your Wi-Fi to the Wi-Fi Range Extender.
3. Log-in to the local web address for mywifiext. Automatically you’ll be prompted to enter your username and password. Default login credentials are: Username: admin Password: password Note: The Username and password are case sensitive.
4. You will now see a setup wizard. Setup a connection to the access point. If you are reconnecting do it without using the WPS button.
5. Create a reliable connection by resetting and reconnecting your Wi-Fi Devices with your Extender.
If you still have issues connecting the devices to your Wi-Fi Extender, repeat the above process once or twice. With new technological developments and better performing Wi-Fi Extenders, you can easily fix glitches within a short time span. If you are in the middle of a crisis with no physical help, get connected with our expert technicians who are available round the clock.Tags:-Mywifiext Setup Troubleshooting
Mywifiext.net Is Not Working